|Chapter 1: PPP Introduction and Overview
||It explains the focus of the PPP Guide and it describes:
- the typical characteristics of a Public Private Partnership Contract
- what is and is not a PPP
- terminological variations
- the basic structure of a PPP contract
- the instruments and structures of financing, and issues related with the projects bankability
- the benefits, challenges and dangers of the PPP
- the need of a PPP Frame
- the need for a careful management of the PPP Process
- the main phases and components of a PPP Process
|Chapter 2: Establishing a PPP Framework
||It describes the main elements of a PPP Frame and the challenges and keys of its implementation and functioning, emphasizing the description of:
- The role of the legal tradition and the legal and administrative instruments to create the frame
- The institutional responsibilities and the role of the PPP Units
- The frame of public financial management
- The function of supervision / evaluation ex-post of PPP Projects and Programs
|Chapter 3: Project Identification and PPP screening
||It describes the main aspects of a solid identification, explaining also how to analyze the appropriateness of a project to be developed as a PPP.
Also it introduces the cost – benefit analysis (CBA).
|Chapter 4: Appraising PPP Projects
||It describes the requirements to perform the analysis and evaluation of a project, as well as how to prepare a PPP Project, including information / knowledge about the different analyses to be realized in this preliminary phase before taking the decision of investment and tender, especially the “analysis of commercial feasibility”, but also the VFM, analysis of the impact in public debt and others.
|Chapter 5: Structuring and Drafting Tender and Contract
||It describes how to design the strategy of PPP tender and the structure and design of the PPP Contract. It emphasize mostly the:
- the financial structure, the income systems and the payment mechanisms
- the allocation and structure of risks
- the key aspects of the design of the Requests for Qualification (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- the incorporation for the RFP and Contract of the contractual structure and tender strategy
|Chapter 6: Tendering and Awarding the Contract
||It describes the main challenges and requests that affect the management process of tender from its start until the signing of contract.
The Appendix of this chapter has to be highlighted, which reviews the vision and tasks of the private partner while regards the Preparation and Presentation of Offers and the financial closure, fulfilling this way the description of the PPP cycle from a standard view of the public partner.
|Chapter 7: Strategy, delivery and Commissioning
||It explains the need and importance of a proactive and prior strategy of contractual management. The main elements of contract management function and its main challenges, focusing in this way on the construction phase and “commissioning”.
|Chapter 8: Operations and Hand-Back
||It describes the relevant aspects, challenges and peculiarities of the contract management in the contractual operations phase, up to the reversion / hand-back of the assets in the moment of the contract termination.