Our consultancy offer is anchored in Knowledge and is about Knowledge. K-infra is a knowledge boutique on good practices in PPPs. And its members have practical / real experience in its implantation and development and the aim to help in the effective implantation of this knowledge.
The examples of experiences mentioned bellow are prior to K-Infra establishment, and they are previous experiences of Andres Rebollo.
Currently Infra does not provide neither plan to provide transactional advice (preparation of offers, financial models, financial analysis, M&A deals, economic analysis, structure of PPPs, Bid management, etc.). Nevertheless, if you want, we can suggest you experts or companies specialized in professional services with experience in PPP transactional advisory.
Policy advisory & PPP process management (public partner)
Advice to governments regarding policy frameworks and governance of PPP Programs and projects, including among others:
- Structure and improvement of legal frames
- Operational frameworks / PPP cycle management guides
- Fiscal management of PPPs
- Institutional frameworks: organization of roles and responsibilities, development of PPP units.
- Elaboration of guides and procedures for selection, appraisal, structuring and tendering of projects.
- Contract management strategy settlement and elaboration of Contract Management Manuals.
- Design and implementation of financial support mechanisms and policies.
Examples: PPP Manual of the PPP Unit of Rio de Janeiro Municipality (commissioned by World Bank), design of the management system of the PPP contract of T-Mobilitat (for the ATM, Barcelona Transport Authority), design and creation of the Strategic Fund of Infrastructures of Spain government (FondICO Infraestructuras managed by AXIS/ICO).
Publishing and production of specialized papers and books
An important part of our goals and mission is to produce specialized publications, disseminating knowledge by means of manuals and specialized papers, either as our own initiative or under request or sponsorship.
Examples: the PPP Guide of the PPP Certification Program (APMG, an innovation of WB and other Multilaterals), Report on the new PPP model approach for Spain (elaborated pro-bono for the Ministry of Development), white paper on “financing and managing infrastructure in Spain (commissioned by SEITSA), publication of a set of books on “the Spanish experience in PPP” (commissioned by IDB), PPP Manual of Municipality of Rio de Janeiro PPP unit (commissioned by World Bank), Deloitte´s manazine “Infra-structura”.
Management consultancy & PPP Project Management (private partner)
Elaboration of manuals and internal procedures to give support to business opportunity analysis, bid submittals and investment executions by the private partner, such as:
- Manuals of analysis and management of risks in PPP contracts.
- Procedures of investment analysis.
- Procedures of bid preparation and tender management.
- Organization of PMO (Project Management Offices).
- Set up of concession companies.
Examples: procedures and standards of investment analysis and implementation of investments of FondICO Infraestructuras (ICO/AXIS).
Market intelligence and Strategic consultancy
Advice and assistance for setting up the corporate strategy in relation to PPP markets, providing from market research and analysis up to webinars with national experts of the country target, among others.
Examples: advice to two Spanish companies in the analysis of Mexican PPP market. Search of a local partner and positioning with the authorities.